MWilliams83' Digital Marketing Learning Journal

An educational pursuit and personal journey

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 6- Camtasia: Advertising in Video Games

This Camtasia presentation was an interesting overview of video games and their advertising opportunities.  It definitely gave some insights into the popularity of gaming and game advertisements, which I was unaware of.  I was especially impressed with the success of some of the branded games like Burger King's games based around its King brand figure and Orbitz's success with its more fun, casual games.

Overall though, I am still not as convinced about the effectiveness of gaming advertisements as I am about other digital media advertising opportunities.  I am waiting on the effectiveness research, mentioned in the presentation, which is being conducted to really measure just how useful ads in games truly are.  For now I guess gamers and consumers will just have to "play on" and try out these new digital media channel as they are all the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment