MWilliams83' Digital Marketing Learning Journal

An educational pursuit and personal journey

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The End of the Educational Pursuit and the Continuation of the Personal Journey

When I started my digital media course just 6 weeks ago, I couldn't believe I was being forced to get on the digital media bandwagon by joining Twitter and Blogspot and having to become a regular contributor on both.  I just knew that I was wasting my time trying out new technologies that were over hyped and under delivering.

Now I realize I couldn't have been any further from the truth.  The digital media channels available today are excellent sources of knowledge and entertainment that rival encyclopedia sets every house with school age children use to have.  There are so many ways to find fresh, fun, creative information about almost any topic.  The information is normally free or very low cost and extremely easy to share.  The interactions that people have finding and sharing this information is simply immeasurable.

I now consider myself not just a passenger on the bandwagon, but an excited one who can't wait to see where the road leads next.  I have become so inspired that I hope to keep my blog and tweets active and update to date even though my educational obligation is ending.  I really want to continue to learn more about this exciting space and make personal connections I never thought possible.  I also hope that over time I just might be able to convince a few more people to come along for the ride, because the best part of the ride is getting other people to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment